2020 Pittsburgh Kidney Walk
We know how important the Pittsburgh Kidney Walk is. Our Walk represents an opportunity for us to unite as a community and demonstrate our shared commitment to the lives of kidney patients and their loved ones.
Kidney disease hasn’t hit pause, and because of you neither will we.
Caring knows no distance; no matter how or where you walk—one simple step can save a life. So, lace up, stretch out and join together at the 2020 Pittsburgh Kidney Walk on Sunday, November 8th!
The COVID-19 pandemic has unleashed unprecedented threats—especially to the health and safety of kidney disease patients and those who care for them. We need you NOW more than ever.
During this extraordinary and challenging time, we’re all having to adjust our daily routines – to get creative in our efforts to keep our families safe and healthy.
This year’s Kidney Walk is no different. We have transitioned to a virtual format, which makes it possible to join together from the safety of our homes, neighborhoods, or local parks – to keep our spirits high and the cabin fever at bay.
We’re all in it TOGETHER.
This format is new to everyone, so we’ve provided some additional information to get you started – now is the time to get creative!
What does it mean to be a virtual walker?
- You can sleep in on Walk day!
- We may not be together, but we’re united by our belief in the need for better care and longer lives for kidney patients – for YOU and the ones you love.
- Take your own walk around the neighborhood or at your local park on November 8th.
- Take a selfie or video with your team walking and share it on social media with the hashtag #PittsburghKidneyWalk.
- Personalize your Kidney Walk page: document your kidney disease journey or tell us why you walk!
What if I’m sheltering in place or social distancing?
Your health and safety continue to be our number one priority. If you’re staying inside, there are still many ways you can participate and raise critically needed funds.
- Tune in to our live event on November 8th to get a front-row seat for our walk-day activities.
- Show your team spirit: make your own Kidney Walk t-shirt and share to social media. For every like/share you receive, ask your friends and family to donate.
- While others walk outside, join us in staying healthy by climbing the stairs in your home, doing jumping jacks or push-ups for every dollar you raise to support kidney patients by walk day.
In times like these, we’re even more grateful for supporters like you who empower and inspire our daily work everyday. Your generosity and ongoing participation in the Kidney Walk program will ensure that NKF maintains continuity of care and guidance for patients and families.
Join us today for our 2020 Kidney Walk Lace Up! Campaign.
Help us spread the word! Share our flyer with family, friends, colleagues, and anyone who may want to join us in the fight against kidney disease!
Interested in sponsoring the 2020 Pittsburgh Kidney Walk? Check out our Partnership Opportunities. For more information, please contact Molly Doehring at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Messages from our Pittsburgh Kidney Walk Co-chairs:
"We are going through a very difficult time with economic, social, and health issues aligned in ways we have never experienced. We are all looking for ways to contribute, give back and must create an awareness. We all need to work together to help out and emerge better and support the National Kidney Foundation in its efforts to solve this important issue. Thanks!"
- Elliot Dinkin, President/CEO of Cowden Associates
"Our Kidney Walk is different this year. It’s virtual because of the COVID-19 pandemic. This unusual time is a wake up to our need to take care of our kidneys and our health. Risk factors for kidney disease are the same as the risk factors for severe complications from COVID-19. We all need to monitor these risk factors and take care of our health. The National Kidney Foundation advocates for education, research, and innovation to accelerate change. Your donations help support our mission."
- Danny Greenfield, Retired VP Investor Relations & Corporate Communications at ATI
Date: Sunday, November 08, 2020
Time: 12:00 p.m.
We're going VIRTUAL! Tune into our Opening Ceremony LIVE at noon on Walk Day! Check back for the link in early November!
412.261.4115 x 754